- Working Here
- Career Areas
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Remote working available - not required to site at any set location - travel 30% - 50%
As the Sr. Facilities Planning & Automation Analyst , you will ensures C&S makes smart decisions on where, and how we implement the right automation.
• Mining, validating and aggregating data from various information systems
• Contributing to request for proposals and dissecting design proposals from internal departments and 3rd party vendors. Representing the needs and interests of operations when designing automation within an existing or potential building.
• Connecting the data to the warehouse floor, and effectively communicating process change impacts.
• Working with local operations teams to gain buy-in/sign off for expected system/solution impact to the total building work flow (quantitative and qualitative)
• Working with finance team to ensure projected financial impact metrics are accurate and all major assumptions are clearly defined/communicated.
• Support of all phases of the implementation of a solution: analyze, develop, design, deploy, acceptance testing, and commissioning
• Status at a glance reporting and KPI creation
• Understanding of supply chain initiatives and conceptual plans.
• Quantitative and qualitative approaches to root cause analysis
• Developing new tools and leveraging existing tools to support supply chain and distribution center capacity, process, and material flow modeling.
• Analyzing customer product movement, growth data, and CAD drawings to support DC modeling and analysis.
• Interfacing with multiple internal and external departments including Finance, Customer Sales, Operations, Transportation, procurement, Real Estate, automation vendors, and other 3rd parties.
Collaborate with internal and external partners to analyze, develop, design, and deploy automated solutions within the C&S network
Support supply chain initiatives and projects within C&S, ES3, and Symbotic by modeling and analyzing Distribution Center capabilities and capacities around storage, slotting, throughput and material handling.
Develop understanding of databases and analytical software in order to construct tools and analyses that standardize and support the team’s facility modeling for projects and analysis.
Support initiatives to streamline operational practices and remove waste from the C&S network.
Develop analysis and presentation standards within the Planning and Automation team
Represent Facilities Planning and Automation team during internal C&S project meetings
Keep informed on industry news and warehouse/distribution center technologies
Education: BS in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or equivalent.
1 – 5 years; preferred experience in Facility Planning, Supply Chain, Operations, Procurement, Finance, Analytics or equivalent
Extensive Microsoft Excel, and SQL query writing. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Data Mining, and/or other relevant applications experience. Qlikview knowledge is a plus.
Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating, and adapting to change
Requisition ID 12829
Company C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.