- Working Here
- Career Areas
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The primary purpose of this position is to: Supervise facility receiving operations to achieve corporate goals of improved delivery of vendor product. This position drives compliance to Inbound Safety & Quality requirements, to include packaging issue and damage. This is accomplished through DC
training of receivers, clerks and supervisors. Additionally there is interaction with DC management teams to follow up on identified abnormalities in reporting or audit projects. From this data we are able to develop and drive process changes in both the vendor community and at C&S that promote associated inbound efficiencies. Additionally this position works with the ISQL Manager to coordinate with manufactures on dock audits and conference calls to address issues noted through the process , and work in collaboration towards corrective measures, therefore improving efficiency .
Summary of C&S Benefits
As a local employer of choice in the community, C&S is proud to offer our employees a competitive benefit package that includes:
• A choice of medical, dental, and vision plans to fit you and your family’s needs eligibility starting your first day
• 401(K) Savings Plan eligibility starting after 90 days
• Paid Personal/Sick and Vacation Time in the first year for all hourly non-union employees
• Holiday Pay eligibility for full-time employees
• Tuition Reimbursement Program eligibility after one year of service
• Flexible scheduling opportunities
• And more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Description % of Time Spent
40%• Supervise implementation and follow through of ISQL procedures in reporting
facilities. This includes phone calls, emails, updating the virtual training, and
extensive travel completed and identified through analysis of IQL reporting.
20%• Conduct training classes for all receivers, clerks and supervisors in all facilities.
Schedule and conduct ongoing training. This includes development and ongoing
refinement of the training guide, and the learning warehouse materials.
15%• Interface with the vendor community via facility audits, conference calls, and
emails to improve the quality of loads into C&S Facilities. Development of vendor
process improvement plans.
10%• Analyze reports in Oracle and take corrective action within reporting facilities.
5%• Write reports for distribution to facility management and key personnel within C&S. These include a weekly recap spreadsheet, vendor and facility scorecards.
5%Interface with C&S personnel (facilities, buyers, merchandisers, et al) to
improve processes and information within C&S to promote problem and issue
5%• Identify issues in the supply chain and provide solutions to the team for
• Work with other internal departments who utilize our data
• Education (Minimum Needed): College preferred but High School diploma with work experience acceptable.
• Experience (Minimum Needed): 5 years of wholesale or retail experience in warehouse operational areas.
• Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job: Wholesale functions.
• Special Skills: Ability to manage others, ability to negotiate, ability to teach.
• Other: Stamina to work long and unusual hours, ability to travel, Excel, Work and Power Point, Access, Hyperion.
1st Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.