- Working Here
- Career Areas
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To connect with us directly please contact email@example.com and we would be proud to help you join our team.
We are committed to helping individuals that join us succeed and become a thriving part of their community and workplace. We offer training programs, a dedicated leadership team, potential relocation bonuses, housing opportunities, and best-in-class wages. If you enjoy meeting new people, supporting a dynamic team, and thriving in a fast-paced work environment, then being a C&S Selector is the ideal career opportunity for you.
As a Selector, you will work individually selecting full-case grocery products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet, shrink wrap the bundles, transport pallets to the shipping dock and in some cases, load them onto a trailer for delivering to customers. All our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
• $19/hr. base pay
• Additional performance-based Incentive pay
• $2,500 bonus at graduation from training
• Relocation Assistance - Find a location you love, we’ll help you become a permanent team member at that location.
• View Locations here: https://weselectthebest.com/company-addresses/
• Healthcare Benefits on Day 1!
• Learn about our roles by watching our videos here https://weselectthebest.com/videos/
• Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
• Utilize necessary pick sheet or technology (e.g. voice, scanner) to select product.
• Operate double walkie-rider or pallet jack to remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet and stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
• Move pallet on an electric pallet jack or walkie-rider until full or order is complete then transport pallets to shipping dock for delivery to retail stores.
• Use proper wrapping techniques to ensure safety of product to prevent damage and inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or description.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Specialized Knowledge: Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Special Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
• Physical abilities: Never balancing, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Frequently lifting up to 60 Lbs. Continuously stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. Continuously handling hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
• Years of Experience 0-2 : Relevant Experience preferred but not required
General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.